Our best-selling, freestanding 3-person backpacking tent is reinvented for 2019 with even more lightweight livability. With a floorplan that offers each occupant easy access to doors and gear, the 2019 MSR Mutha Hubba NX tent is the ideal tent for a trio backpacking deep into the Sierras in the heat of summer, or tackling the Appalachian Trail for an extended trip in the spring. Upgraded with premium features, including virtually indestructible Easton® Syclone™ poles and MSR’s durable Xtreme Shield™ waterproof coating, this tent is built to last like never before. Easy-to-assemble and with plenty of interior volume for three, the Mutha Hubba NX offers the most livable accommodations for 3-season conditions.
Total Weight: 2.26kg
Minimum Weight: 1.54kg
Season: 3 season
Standard Floor Size: 213 x 172 cm
Includes: Tent, pegs, pole, stuff sack.
Canopy Fabric: 20D ripstop nylon & DWR
Floor Fabric: 30D ripstop nylon 3000mm Durashield™ polyurethane & DWR
Rainfly Fabric: 20D ripstop nylon 1200mm Durashield™ polyurethane & silicone
Mesh Type: 15D nylon micro-mesh
• Optimized symmetrical geometry and non-tapered floor.
• Large, easy-entry D-shaped StayDry™ door and vestibule.
• Side entry zipper orientation.
• Rainfly kickstand vent.
• Adjustable rainfly (roll-up vestibule & stargazer view).
• Light gray rainfly color (neutral light).
• Adjustable integrated stake-out loops.
• Lightweight reflective guy-outs.
• Durable high-tenacity nylon fabrics.
• Reinforced Infinity bar tacks and lap-felled seams.
• Durashield™-coated rainfly and bathtub-style floor.
• Compression stuff sack with pull handle.
• Freestanding Fast & Light® setup options allow you to set up tent with rainfly only for ultra-minimalist trips.
• Side entry zipper orientation allows vestibule door to hang out of your way for unrestricted access.
• Large StayDry™ door features built-in rain gutter and waterpoof taped seams for reliable weather protection.
• Kickstand vent in rainfly aligns with mesh window to provide fresh air and minimize condensation, keeping interior dry and comfortable.
• Ultra-compact, side-loading compression stuff sack can also be folded inward and secured with compression straps to fit optimally in your backpack.