The Tarkine is an unmatched expedition pack for antipodean conditions, designed to meet the classic bushwalkers’ needs and the modern trampers’ wants. It is an updated, large-capacity rucksack for outdoor professionals, sporting the comfort and adjustability of the Exact Fit harness, a Waterloc® canvas body for water-resistance and incredible durability. Cordura ® nylon is used to reinforce high-wear areas, whilst the clean, scrub-friendly design ensures your rucksack doesn’t catch on trees, shrubs, rocks or trailers.
This toughness is complemented by a larger, zipped front pocket with improved access on the side, making it easier to reach important gear and use the whole space. Both the side and lid compression-straps double as gear attachment points, giving versatility when carrying equipment necessary for a specific trip. The side compression-straps have side-release buckles, while the ones on the lid have an innovative governor to stop the buckles dangling in the dirt and keep your gear secure, even when accessing the rucksack’s contents. The snow-shovel pocket and shock cord are on the front, but the front pocket is accessible even with equipment attached.
There are clever pockets: a zipped one in the large, floating lid, as well as dual water bottle pockets beside the lumbar pad for easy reach. Under the lid, the throat compression-strap keeps your gear snug and ensures you have enough space for a broad-brimmed hat. (Yep, we’re Aussie.) Extra add-ons like the Trash & Treasure and Hipbelt Pocket increase space and functionality. All in all, the Tarkine is a rucksack built for exploring the wilderness landscapes, so get out there and discover it!
Harness: Exact Fit
Back Lengths: Short. Medium. Long.
Capacity: 80L. 85L. 90L.
Fabrics: Waterloc Canvas
Weight: 2.8kg (Medium)
80 L: Black/Black, Pacific/Black
85 L: Black/Black, Pacific/Black
90 L: Black/Black, Pacific/Black
Waterloc® canvas (approximately 390 gsm): A tough, waterproof fabric developed in Australia specifically for One Planet rucksacks. The yarn has a polyester core wrapped in cotton: the core gives the fabric strength, while the cotton expands when moist, filling any microscopic holes and providing superior waterproofing
• Exact Fit harness provides unparalleled carrying comfort
• Eight standard sizes, including four for men and four for women
• Large-capacity single compartment
• Waterloc® canvas material (390 gsm) reinforced with Cordura® nylon in high-wear areas
• Canvas-bound seams
• YKK zips
• Floating lid allows expansion and has two pockets, one with a key clip
• Generous front pocket with side zip access (water resistant, with a hefty storm shield)
• Dual, easy-reach water bottle pockets
• Two side compression-straps with side-release buckles
• The grey interior bounces light up, making it easier to find kit inside
• Bottom compression strap is designed for carrying skis
• Multiple gear attachment points, allowing versatility in hauling without sacrificing pack access
• Throat compression strap
• Ice axe attachment points
• Mat attachment buckles
• Trekking pole carry system
• Tent pole/snow stake/wand pockets